Apr 13, 2011

Welcome to Port Maw!

Welcome to the very first post of Port Maw; the post in which I, the author, welcomes you to my slice (along with a few fellow geeks) of the Dark Millennium.

So, what is Port Maw all about?

Basically, I just love the Dark Millennium setting; there's just something about it's blend of all things sci-fi, fantasy and horror that I can't shake. And I have tried, believe you me! But with that said, I'm not entirely happy about just playing the current edition of Warhammer 40.000 to get my 'fix'. It's not that it's a bad game (in fact it, alongside with Warhammer 40.000 2nd Edition, is probably the best edition ever!); it is just that it can't encompass all aspects of the setting that I love so dearly.

So what's a geek to do? Well, start a blog about it, obviously! And this is then where we get down to brass tacks.

So, what is Port Maw all about?

Boiled down it is a blog dedicated to the following games:

Warhammer 40.000 5th Edition - The current and most well known edition, and also one of the best mass skirmishes that I've yet to play. I have a couple of projects in mind for this edition and this edition will also be what the majority of the posts are going to be about.

Warhammer 40.000 2nd Edition - For all of it's faults, I still find myself coming back to this game, along with Necromunda the bastard child of 2nd Edition. This is what I prefer for my skirmish games; the amount of detail and freedom is just about right - and there is still a lot of the whackyness left over from the Rogue Trader era.

Epic Armageddon - Although I have yet to purchase an army or two for this, then Epic has always been very near and dear to my heart. I am considering picking up a whole slew of 6mm Space Marines and have a go at setting up some Warhammer 30.000 battles. Not nesscarily the Horus Heresy but more the whole campaign up to, and probably including, the Heresy.

Battlefleet Gothic - I have a few ships lying about, here and there, but I'm meaning to get into this game in earnest as soon as possible. It will go together hand-in-hand with all of the campaign ideas that I'm currently scetching out.

So there you have it, the various game systems that are going to be covered in this blog. But what are the subjects I hear you cry? Well, basically, stuff that has yet to be done. Be that a Lost & The Damned fandex, new campaign rules, tournament set ups, battle reports and what have you. Basically, anything but just your average powerbuild and rulebickerin' blog.

Let's see If I can keep my promises. Cheers, and welcome to Port Maw!

No comments:

Post a Comment