May 1, 2011

That came out of nowhere...

... And I'm rather honored!

As I was going through my mail today, I saw that Chris from the excellent Chris' Miniature Woes had nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award, which came as a big surprise considering that I have yet to really get Port Maw into gear in regards to actual content yet (I mean, it's, like a week old by now?) - so cheers Chris! Oh, and by the by, I've also always been more of a lurker than a poster, guess that's bound to change...

So, what is this award all about? Well, it is all abuot a virtual pat on the back for a job well done, really. I guess you could call in a chain mail, but I find that of all the chain mails that I've seen, this has to be one of the few that actually merits its existance as I for one have found a lot of new blogs that I've subscribed to (and thank you Google for the Google Reader!).

The rules for this award is as follows:

  • Thank and link back to the person giving you the award (job's done)
  • Share seven things about yourself
  • Select 10-15 blogs who you think deserve this award
  • Contact these bloggers and let them know about the award
So, having taken care of the first bulletpoint (and again, thanks Chris!) let's move on the next in line.

Seven things about me (in bulletpoint!)
  • I like bulletpoint! It's my favourite listing tool and I can't really explain why. Probably has something to do with my disliking of mathematics, which I was and never has been any good at. 
  • English is my second language. I may have mentioned it at other times, but I like to remind the blogosphere about it from time to time; not because I want to stroke my ego, but rather as an apology for any weird phrases and bad spelling that might occur (I can't stand bad spelling, especially my own!)
  • I have problems following projects to the door (as a Danish phrase goes); meaning that I think something is the rave of the century but once the hard work kicks in I find it hard to motivate myself into keep going. With Port Maw and Book of the Arbitrator, however, things seems to have changed.
  • I love gaming! In all shapes, sizes and forms really - I play boardgames, cardgames, roleplayingames, computergames and - of course - wargames! I'll give any game a try at least once!
  • I'm hopefully addicted to houseruling or, as it would happen, writing actual rulesets from scratch.
  • I have a secret dream of actually publishing one of these rulesets... one day, one day!
  • I'm more of a dog person than a cat person. 
Now then, with that over with it's time for the grand finale! What are the blogs that I like enough to grant a stylish blog award? (cue drum roll)

My Nominees (in no particular order)
  • Chris' Miniature Woes - What can I say? I like his blog and he has some cool ideas for conversions and seems to be just about as model ADD as I happen to be from time to time. 
  • Tales from the Maelstrom - The blog and the group that truly inspired me! Had it not been for them and their great blog, I would never have gotten around to actually finish up Book of the Arbitrator and formulate the ideas that had been rummaging for a long time!
  • Fawcett Avenue Conscripts - A lovely blog for a small circle of gaming buddies and their wonderful ideas and game reports (short, fun and full of pictures)
  • Doomie's Den - although this blog has been quiet for some time, I still like where it was going and there are some great conversion ideas in there. 
  • INQ28 - Like Tales from the Maelstrom, then this blog was one of the blogs that inspired me to get going with my narratative gaming rather than the strictly competative aspect as I had grown all too used to. Oh, and great ideas for conversions to boot as well!
  • Rabbit Hole Wargames - Again a small club blog, but I really, really like their Phasian War and thus they get a mention here as well!
  • The Hobby Adventures of Krug - this blog has been a bit silent of late (and no wonder; hope things shape out for you Krug!) but is a veritable treasure trove for any budding Necromunda gamer for all things grim-dark.
  • Nathan 'Ironworker' Blog - not it's actual title, but I really, really like it. I have been following it for a long time and I like his terrain building efforts with envy! They're great, and especially the current Station 24 setting that he is constructing!
  • Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog - another one of those blogs that I have been following for quite some time; with all sorts of models, games and regulary updated!
  • Four Color Figures - a really great blog about just about anything really; steady updates and great painting.
And thus ends my blogpost about the stylish blog award! Now I have to let the nominees know and finally I have got to start writing the battlereport from last night as well. In the meantime, do check out these blogs!

Cheers Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment